History of Monva
Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
Dominus Early Harvest
Dominus Early Harvest is the expression of a desire to obtain a unique and exclusive quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It is also the fruit of decades of experience of the Montabes Vañó family in the production of olive oil.
The selection and harvesting of the fruit that yields the Dominus Early Harvest oil is its main distinguishing feature, as this process is carried out in mid-October, when the olives are at their initial stage of ripeness. This yields a highly intense and fresh taste and aroma profile, as well as outstanding nutritional properties due to its high content of provitamins and natural antioxidants.
The milling of these fruits at a temperature of less than 21ºC yields powerful, complex aromas that make it truly unique.
A green herbaceous oil marked by spring notes reminiscent of healthy fruit in the full bloom of youth. The intensity of the oil’s fruity bouquet is complex and harmonious with deep notes of almond. Its wide-ranging aroma recalls the tomato plant, at first, before turning towards green banana peel, and ending with notes of wild flowers. Interesting notes of thyme and rosemary appear in the background.
Smooth on the palate, with fresh, light and elegant notes that suggest the pleasant presence of aromatic plants combined with raw nuts. Elegant in the balance between aroma and flavour. After tasting, the palate is filled with a deep fresh sensation with light notes of green almond and raw nuts
Processes certified according to Quality Standards:
- Origin and quality of the oil certified by the D.O. Sierra Mágina Regulatory Council.
- Protected Denomination of Origin, recognised by the European Union
- Olivares Vivos – SEO BirdLife Certification
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Standard for the Quality Management System of the manufacturing and packaging processes
- ISO 14001:2015 Quality Standard for the Environmental Management System of the manufacturing and packaging processes
- Cultivation and processing in accordance with the Integrated Production Regulation, for sustainable cultivation
- “Certified Quality” Seal, awarded by the Andalusian Regional Government
- “Degusta Jaén” Quality Distinction, awarded by the Provincial Council of Jaén
- IFS (International Food Standard) Quality Certification for the certification of food safety in the manufacturing and packaging processes
- 500 ml
- Jaen Selección Award, Best Oil Jaen Province
- Alcuza Award, Green Fruitiness, Best oil PDO Sierra Mágina
- Best monovarietal oil in the World, Leone d’Oro awards, Italy
- Second Best oil in the World, ESAO Awards, Spain
- Double Gold Medal, Athena Int. Olive Oil competition, Greece
- Grand Mention, Armonia International Competition, Italy
- «Grand Prestige Gold» Medal, Terraolivo International Competition